Dallas, TX 75247
Salary: $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Sr. Staff Accountant
Catholic Charities Dallas is looking for an Sr. Staff Accountant to join our team. You will responsible for maintaining the integrity of accounting information by verifying, recording, consolidating, and inputting transactions in accordance with GAAP, CCD policies and procedures. You will also prepare and record assets, liabilities, revenues and expenses on a daily basis; account reconciliations will be performed and completed monthly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise accounts payable and accountant
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Review monthly financial statement discrepancies from Directors and resolve on a timely basis.
- Billings to grantors
- Process payroll
- Process benefit invoices for payment
- Process retirement plan contributions
- Reconcile subledgers to the general ledger; conduct regular ledger maintenance
- Assist in monthly and year-end close process and prepare annual audit schedules
- Evolve and develop accounting policy, procedures and processes as needed.
- Assist in special projects as necessary
- Update professional knowledge by attending classes, reading accounting publications, and participating in workshops
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required (Master’s preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience in general accounting
- Experience with computerized ledger systems
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Public accounting experience a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Strong computer systems skills, including proficiency in business and accounting computer systems, and advanced Excel skills.
- Must possess high initiative and be detail oriented
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to meet hard deadlines
- Knowledge of the laws, rules, and regulations for nonprofit financial record keeping and reporting especially regarding grant and other donor requirements
- Raiser’s Edge/Financial Edge experience preferred
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Catholic Charities Dallas offers a variety of benefits to our staff including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Our employees can participate in a retirement plan with an employer contribution after one year of employment. Paid Time Off (PTO) allows employees the flexibility to take time off as they need and we have a generous holiday schedule. This is a full-time, exempt position with a salary range of $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 based on skills and experience.
For consideration, all applicants must apply and submit their resume and cover letter via email. (careersatccdallas.org) Due to the volume of responses, only qualified parties will be contacted.
Catholic Charities Dallas is an equal opportunity employer.
Catholic Charities Dallas (CCD) was formally established in 1941 and was incorporated from the Diocese of Dallas in 1997. Today CCD helps 30,000 individuals annually achieve stability and self-sufficiency through financial literacy, employment services, education, food programs, immigration legal services, refugee resettlement, disaster services, and permanent supportive housing.
Catholic Charities is comprised of more than 32 individual programs that serve 9 counties. The strengths of each of our programs are as diverse as the populations we serve, but our belief in the need to provide dignity to those in our community who are often overlooked remains the same.
Catholic Charities calls the community to action to join us in addressing the root causes of poverty, hunger, and homelessness by serving, educating, and empowering all those in need.
Catholic Charities will be recognized as an effective leader serving the most vulnerable in our communities on their journey toward hope, independence and a better life.
Service – giving of ourselves and welcoming all
Compassion – treating all with empathy, care and consideration
Integrity – doing what is just, honest, and merciful
Respect – acknowledging the dignity and worth of every person
Commitment – giving attention, energy, and passion to all we do
For more information, you can visit our website at: http://www.ccdallas.org