1. The categories of information CCD collects about you through the Site;
2. How CCD collects such information;
3. How CCD uses such information;
4. Who will have access to such information; and
5. CCD’s security measures for protecting such information.
Carefully read each and every term and condition of this Policy in its entirety.
This Policy only applies to information collected through the Site.
1. Categories of Information Collected Through the Site.
CCD may collect personal and non-personal information about you through the Site. The term “personal information” means information that would allow someone to contact you physically or online, including your name, physical address, telephone number, e-mail address, or social security number. The term “non-personal information” means any information other than personal information that CCD may collect from you. The categories of personal and non-personal information that CCD collects from you through the Site may include your:
· Name (first, last, and/or middle);
· Address (street address, city, state, zip code, and country);
· Telephone number;
· Facsimile number;
· E-mail address;
· Organization or affiliation;
· Information to schedule an appointment;
· Feedback, comments or other submitted content; and/or
· Interaction with the Site (We may receive information about you when you interact with the Site. We may also receive information from the mobile phone, tablet, computer or other device that you use to access the Site. This information may include, but is not limited to, your domain and/or IP address, geo-location, device, browser type, telephone number, mobile carrier, operating system, language, access times and history, the referring or exiting website address, browser history, information relating to the content you access or visit, images or other content that you post, content that you download, communications on the Site with other users, posts in public forums, and information from cookies or other technology. We do not respond to “DO NOT TRACK” signals.)
2. How Information Is Collected Through the Site.
CCD may collect personal and non-personal information from you whenever it asks you for such information, such as, for example, when you fill out a form, subscribe to a newsletter or other service, or answer an online survey or questionnaire.
In addition, if you or a third party send CCD a comment, message or other communication (such as, by way of example only, e-mail, letter, fax, phone call, or voice message) about you or your activities on the Site, then CCD may collect any personal or non-personal information provided therein or therewith.
By accessing or using the Site, you acknowledge and agree in each instance that you are giving CCD permission to monitor or otherwise track your activities on the Site, and that CCD may use the aforementioned tracking, data aggregation, and data analysis technologies in any e-mails it sends you.
3. Use of Information Collected Through the Site.
CCD may use your personal and non-personal information in a variety of ways, such as, for example, to:
· Fulfill your requests;
· Send you communications like, for example, e-mails, and answers to your questions;
· Provide you with information about CCD;
· Provide you with information about third-party businesses, products, and services;
· Improve the Site’s content and features;
· Improve CCD’s services;
· Improve CCD’s marketing efforts;
· Analyze traffic to the Site;
· Analyze user behavior and activity on the Site;
· Conduct research and measurement activities;
· Monitor the activities of you and others on the Site;
· Protect CCD’s rights and properties; and/or
· Protect the rights and properties of others (which may include you).
CCD also reserves the right to use your personal and non-personal information when required by applicable law, court order, or other governmental authority (including, without limitation and by way of example only, in response to a subpoena), or when CCD believes in good faith that such use is necessary or advisable (including, without limitation and by way of example only, to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interfering with the rights, obligations, or properties of CCD, a user of the Site [which may include you], or anyone else who may be harmed by such activities).
4. Sharing of Information Collected Through the Site.
Except as provided in this Policy, we do not disclose or sell any non-public personal information about you to anyone except as permitted by law or when required by subpoena or other legal process; however, we may choose to disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, with CCD’s affiliates, related programs or other trusted entities, organizations or persons for the purpose of processing personal information in connection with the Site’s objective, including without limitation to review assistance requests and screen individuals for volunteer positions. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
5. Disclaimer: Third Party Advertisements, Websites, and Platforms.
The Site and/or e-mail messages sent through or as a function of the Site may contain links to third-party websites and platforms. To the fullest extent permitted by law, CCD is not responsible for, and you hereby release CCD from any liability which may arise from, such third party websites and platforms (including, without limitation, the privacy policies and practices of such third-party websites and platforms).
We use what we believe to be appropriate procedures to protect information against unauthorized access and disclosure, including Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS).
However, you should be aware of the limitations of security and privacy measures used in connection with the Internet and that any information you transmit through the Site may be damaged, corrupted, “sniffed” and/or accessed by another person without your permission. Regardless of the precautions taken by you or by us, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. Third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. We cannot ensure or warrant the ultimate security of any information you transmit.
To help maintain the security of your personal information, CCD asks that you please notify it immediately of any unauthorized access or use of the Site, its features, or its content.
7. Cookies/Tracking Technologies
· providing custom, personalized content and information
· remembering information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Site
· keeping count of return visits to our Site
· accumulating and reporting anonymous, aggregate, statistical information on Site usage
· determining which features users like best
· assessing the popularity and effectiveness of the Site
· determining whether and when an email was opened
· improving our Site and creating new services
8. Choice / Opt Out.
If you wish to opt out of receiving CCD emails, you can select the “unsubscribe” link in our email correspondence. Please note the information that you disclosed in public areas may remain after your account is deleted.
9. Modifications of this Policy.
CCD may supplement, amend, or otherwise modify this Policy at any time without notice to you. Such supplements, amendments, and other modifications will be posted on this or a similar page of the Site, and shall be deemed effective as of their stated effective date. It is your responsibility to carefully review this Policy each time you access or use the Site.
If any term or condition of this Policy is deemed invalid or unenforceable by a court of law with binding authority, then the remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected, and the court shall reform the invalidated or unenforceable term or condition to the maximum extent permitted under the law and consistent with the original intent of this Policy.Contact Us
If you have questions about this Policy, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Catholic Charities Dallas
1421 W. Mockingbird Lane
Dallas, TX 75247